Friday 7 July 2017

Everything Everything Book Review



It's been a hot minute since I wrote a book review and GOD I have missed this. It's nice to not have to deliver life advice and just chat about something I truly fell in love with. This book, unsurprisingly, was amazing.
Now, don't get me wrong, give me a good young adult romance and I'm happy BUT if the plots crap then Its a no from me. Sloppy love stories are nothing if they don't have the dramatic and gripping characters. And boy does this book have that. 


If you're unaware of the plot of Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon, involves a young girl with a rare disease that stops her from ever leaving the house until a cute neighbour (shock) moves in next door. You can see where this is going right? I'm not going to talk about anymore because I will ruin it and you may want to attack me so let's avoid that because I took a self-defense class once and you should fear me. 

The reason I loved this book and managed to devour it in one 3 hour sitting is because there is not one dull moment. The story from start to finish is so different to other things I've read. Apart from the teen boy and girl romance thing the actual scenes (i think that's what they're called in books) are so unique. From a spontaneous trip to Hawaii to the character development of the mother. I can guarantee that this book will not bore you and will keep you turning ALL the pages. 

I think this book deals with emotions and how powerful they can be in our decision making. When you're so surrounded by your thoughts it can be hard to see how their effecting others and more importantly yourself. I can't link it because well it would give the whole book away and like I said before I'm ready for an attack. 

So there you have it short and sweet unlike me. Average height and irritating at best.

Thanks, 
Em x 
Share:

1 comment

  1. that's so true! I never thought about the fact that they do deal with emotions causing them to take some drastic decisions. I really enjoyed reading what you thought on the book, specially since I read it already xxx

    Melina | www.ivefoundwaldo.com

    ReplyDelete

© Emily Smith | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig